I'm Not Scared (Long Euro Mix) - Eighth Wonder


I'm Not Scared (Long Euro Mix) (1988) (8'02) - Eighth Wonder.
Written by Neil Tennant & Chris Lowe.
Produced by Pet Shop Boys & Phil Harding.
Keyboard Programming: Ian Curnow.
(P) 1988 CBS Records.

N.B. I'm Not Scared (Long Euro Mix) is the same mix as I'm Not Scared (Disco Mix) that may be found elsewhere on this blog.

"I'm Not Scared was demoed (by the Pet Shop Boys) in 1985, and was a wordless track originally called A Roma. In 1987, Patsy Kensit approached the duo several times to write something for her band Eighth Wonder, and they eventually decided to complete this for her. They composed it to make it accessible to Europe, and France in particular, so they did a French language version with her as well ('J'ai Pas Peur'). The English lyrics were meant to sound as though they had been translated from French.

"In the song," Neil says, "the idea is that she's got this horrible gangster boyfriend who's pushing her around but she's going to stand up to him because she's not scared. The dogs are the hooligans and criminal elements around them. So when I sing [our version] I'm doing one of my 'singing from the point of view of a woman' songs. I'm singing it as a woman."

The lyric 'Take these dogs away from me' is based on a quote from a John Betejman poem called Senex." Source: Wikia.

I'm Not Scared (Long Euro Mix) appears on Side 2 of the promotional U.S. 12" vinyl pressing of I'm Not Scared released in 1988 on WTG Records. Cat. No. 41-68820.

Track listing for the promotional U.S. 12" vinyl pressing of I'm Not Scared, Cat. No. 41-68820:

Side 1

1. I'm Not Scared ("Little" Louie Vega Mix) / 7'17
2. I'm Not Scared (Dub Version) / 4'55

Written by Neil Tennant & Chris Lowe.
Produced by Pet Shop Boys & Phil Harding.
Additional Production & Remix by "Little" Louie Vega for Small Wonders Productions, Inc.
Remix Engineer: Hugo Dwyer.
Assistant Engineer: Chris Trevert.
Recording Engineer: Mike Rogers.
Additional Keyboards: Mac Quayle.
Edited by Tony Moran for Latin Rascals Productions, Inc.
Remixed at Soundtrack Studios, NYC.
(P) 1988 CBS Records.

3. J'ai Pas Peur (French Version) / 5'48

Written by Neil Tennant & Chris Lowe.
Produced by Pet Shop Boys & Phil Harding.
Keyboard Programming: Ian Curnow.
(P) 1988 CBS Records.

Side 2

1. I'm Not Scared (Long Euro Mix) / 7'58

Written by Neil Tennant & Chris Lowe.
Produced by Pet Shop Boys & Phil Harding.
Keyboard Programming: Ian Curnow.
(P) 1988 CBS Records.

2. Baby Baby (Dusted Mix) / 6'00

Produced by Pete Hammond.
(P) 1988 CBS Records.

The album version of I'm Not Scared appears on Fearless, an album first released in 1988.

Track listing for the European vinyl pressing of Fearless released in 1988 on CBS Records. Cat. No. CBS 460628 1:

Side 1

1. Cross My Heart / 3'25
2. When The Phone Stops Ringing / 3'48
3. Baby Baby / 4'00
4. Will You Remember / 4'32
5. Wild Love / 3'55
Side 2

1. I'm Not Scared / 4'30
2. Use Me / 3'33
3. Anything At All / 3'57
4. My Baby's Heartbeat / 3'43
5. The Dress / 3'51

(P) 1988 CBS Records

Check Out More Great Music By Eighth Wonder:

Baby Baby (Balearic Beat Baby Mix) (1988) (5'57) - Eighth Wonder.
Baby Baby (Dance Mix) (1988) (7'01) - Eighth Wonder.
Cross My Heart (Dance Mix) (1988) (7'07) - Eighth Wonder.
Cross My Heart (House Mix) (1988) (7'34) - Eighth Wonder.
Cross My Heart ("Little" Louie Vega Club Mix) (1988) (6'54) - Eighth Wonder.
Cross My Heart (U.S. Club Mix) (1988) (6'54) - Eighth Wonder.
I'm Not Scared ("Little" Louie Vega Mix) (1989) (7'17) - Eighth Wonder ft. Patsy Kensit.

Check Out More Great Music On This Blog By:

Eighth Wonder.
Pet Shop Boys.

You May Also Like:

I'm Not Scared (Introspective Mix) (1988) (7'25) - Pet Shop Boys.

What's NEW In The Eighth Wonder Amazon Music Store? Find Out HERE!

I'm Not Scared (Long Euro Mix) - Eighth Wonder http://80smusicremixes.blogspot.co.uk
Record label for Side A of US 12" vinyl pressing
of "I'm Not Scared". WTG Records. Cat.
No. 41-68820. Image courtesy of Discogs.com

Video from YouTube channel RETROREMIXES1

Thank You for your visit today.