Sex (Extended Club Mix) - Paul Young


Sex (Extended Club Mix) (1983) (6'52) - Paul Young.
Written by Jack Lee.
Produced by Laurie Latham for LOL Productions Ltd.
(P) 1983 CBS Inc.

"This (Sex) was one where we'd already done the demo, and again, Laurie remixed it to show off his capabilities to the record company, and I really loved it. Then we appeared on The Tube, and as can happen when you're young and easily excited, the tempo it was supposed to be, got raised a little by the time we were on TV, and playing live, and the song became a bit more manic than the demo. When we got back in the studio that weekend. Laurie said, 'That's the way we should cut Sex; we should do it exactly like you did it on The Tube'. So that's what we did. "I decided I'd get as many people saying 'sex' as possible at the beginning of the song. I'd carry around this tape recorder and when I'd meet other pop stars such as Mari Wilson, I'd get them to say 'sex'. I even got Maggie Thatcher, when she was on TV talking to someone about 'Middlesex' - I chopped off the 'middle' and just used the 'sex' bit! it just made me smile every time I heard it". - Quote by Paul Young, May 2013, from the liner notes of the 2-CD collection Remixes And Rarities first released in 2013 by Cherry Pop Records, Cat. No. CRPOPD128.

Sex (Extended Club Mix) appears on Side B of the U.S. 12" vinyl pressing of Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) / Sex released in 1983 on Columbia Records. Cat. No. 44-04077.

Track listing for the U.S. 12" vinyl pressing of Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home)/Sex, Cat. No. 44-04077:

Side A

1. Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) (Extended Club Mix) / 5'59

Written by Norman Whitfield, Marvin Gaye and Barrett Strong.
Produced by Laurie Latham.
(P) 1983 CBS Inc.

Side B

1. Sex (Extended Club Mix) / 7'00

Written by Jack Lee.
Produced by Laurie Latham for LOL Productions Ltd.
(P) 1983 CBS Inc.

The album version of Sex appears on No Parlez, Paul Young's debut album first released in 1983.

Track listing for the U.K. vinyl pressing of No Parlez released in 1983 on CBS Records. Cat. No. CBS 25521:

Side 1

1. Come Back and Stay (Jack Lee) / 4'57
2. Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Division) / 5'00
3. Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) (Marvin Gaye, Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong) / 5'18 *
4. Ku-Ku Kurama (Steve Bolton) / 4'19
5. No Parlez (Anthony Moore) / 4'57
Side 2

1. Love of The Common People (John Hurley / Ronnie Wilkins) / 4'56 *
2. Oh Women (Jack Lee adapted by Paul Young / Jimmie O'Neill) / 3'35
3. Iron Out The Rough Spots (Booker T. Jones / Dave Porter / Steve Cropper) / 4'47 *
4. Broken Man (Paul Young / Ian Kewley) / 3'54
5. Tender Trap (Paul Young / Ian Kewley) / 4'32
6. Sex (Jack Lee) / 4'49

Produced by Laurie Latham for LOL Productions.
(P) 1983 CBS Records except
* (P) 1982 CBS Records.

Check Out More Great Music By Paul Young:

Come Back And Stay (Scratch Mix) (1983) (7'57) - Paul Young.
Iron Out The Rough Spots (Extended Version) (1982) (7'31) - Paul Young.
Love of The Common People (Extended Club Mix) (1983) (5'51) - Paul Young.
Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) (Extended Club Mix) (1983) (6'01) - Paul Young.

Check Out More Great Music On This Blog By:

Paul Young.
Laurie Latham.

What's NEW In The Paul Young Amazon Music Store? Find Out HERE!

Sex (Extended Club Mix) - Paul Young http://80smusicremixes.blogspot.co.uk
Front of record sleeve for US 12" vinyl pressing 
of "Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home)/Sex". 
Columbia Records. Cat. No. 44-04077.
Image courtesy of Discogs.com

Video from YouTube channel 80sMusicReMixes

Thank You for your visit today.